Saturday, November 7, 2009

Teaching....

It's been quite a long time I'm an Engligh teacher, but just a few months ago I had the pleasure to start working in a regular school, with groups of 30-33 teenagers. When I took this change I was aware of the challenges I'd face with students of this age and every time a finish a class I still think there's something different I should've done but quite not sure about what that is. They're so different from me and my generation...they stablish relations and connections faster and a lot more then I did in the past. I do think I mgith be doing something wrong with one group...everything I take to them..from videos, songs, games to the "boring book" as they call is not enough...there's always one ou two or three or manyt talking about another thing that has nothing to do with the class. I know they don't follow the conception that they go to school to learn..this out of question..in most of the cases....I'm struggling to find out a better way to connect to them....I'm searching a lot...well...maybe I'm just too anxious...sometimes I wish I could learn some stuff from osmosis, so I could change faster..and make things better quickly...but then...I would be unemployed because they'd also be able to do that.....(laugh)..and we'd lose the fun of the game..
And I truly understand that teaching is exactly that...that's why it's such a beautiful profession and requires so much from the person....
there's something else...when you go to college in Brazil to learn languages...all you hear is that the teachers that are working are not dedicated enough and that's why kids and teenagers don't like school or don't want to learn and so on....I won't say that tottaly a lie...but I wouldn't generalize all that much...the game is fifty-fifty..we still have  a great deal ahead concerning this new generation...that I agree it's the homo zappiens one and we have to learn about them in order to be able to present better classes and share knowledge with them....as well as they have to present their part in that...normally along with their parents.....

6 comments:

Bi said...

teeeeeste

Bianca Rossato said...

lalalalalala

Anonymous said...

q coisa..eu consegui

Willian Guimarães said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Willian Guimarães said...

\o/

Luciana said...

Now it looks different than before. With this configuration I´m able to post. I have no idea why...
Beijo,
Lu