Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Me and myself: some conversation

The Folks Inside

Inside you, boy,

There’s an old man sleepin’,

Dreamin’ waitin’ for his chance.

Inside you, girl,

There’s an old lady dozin’,

Wantin’ to show you a slower dance.



So keep on playin’,

Keep on runnin’,

Keep on jumpin’, til the day

That those old folks

Down inside you

Wake up … and come out and play.

     Shel Silverstein


Wooow..that touched a nerve...even though it took a while to do so. Just had another appointment with my psychologist and we were discussing how much of my time I have used only for myself, my pleasure, my joy! Not that much..and that's why I started my sessions with her a year ago (see, a year..a turning point). When I let some things go...I just grab a whole pack full of other ones. And this reminded me of Silverstein's poem shown above. I don't think I have run , played or jumped as much as I wanted. And I do want that..but somehow I get other things to do. Jeez it's reaaaally difficult to change ones behavior, to look down inside and feel things and face things and realize how human you are.
Oops, although it looks like a crisis moment, it is not, it's just a moment for conscious thinking.
It also made me think how hard we can be with people asking or sometimes demanding them to change themselves when you're not even able to change yourself. That's such an unfair request. How selfish are we!!
Anyway..I have a whole year to go..I hope I have some more progress concerning this situation =) as I had in other ones!!!

No comments: