Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Masks

It's been some time I wanted to write this here...I had the chance to talk about this to people I trust...but even so..written words..as I heard "are burned in the paper"..(well here on the blog!!!) and once read burned in your mind..so here they are...
It's so interesting when you get to the end of the year..all he shopping and capitalism thing..the wishes of happiness to everyone..city decorated shop windows showing snow during the summer of a tropical country...so classic..and romantic....aaaand..the masks...the fake smiles and hugs and wishes...this "Kriss Kringle" thing...we call "amigo secreto" in Brazil (please someone correct me if I'm wrong..that's what Jak Schols..something book said) is the perfect example of it..obviously because you gotta give a present you don't know to whom you probably don't feel confortable with...but then why all this fake excitment about it? people talk on other ones back and then want to celebrate together? exchanging presents?..depending on the person that picked you in the "game" you have to take the present to a priest or something..to make sure it won't do any damage to you...


I love Christmas...but I was thinking...families are sometimes forced to spend the Holidays together...people all get stressed...it was so much funnier when we just expected Santa Claus....and the presents...even though it was just a chocolate bar....but we gotta grow up and be adults...and that's fun too, really..but this dealing with people takes a lot of work....and we must be there for this work..it's part of the human process ...but now I think I get why my interest in literature grew once I got older...that's a way of keeping a real and adult life full of fun and trouble...and sometimes escape to any imaginary world you feel like visiting....and the book is there..for real..showing you the real it..with the happy and sad moments..it doesn't fake smiles..I guess...just liek children don't seem to do...parents, please tell me if I'm right!! ;)

No comments: